Excelsior Streetscape Pilots
5137 Mission St
PartnersYouth Art Exchange,
Excelsior Action Group, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
Supervisor Ahsha Safaí's Office
A series of community hubs in the Excelsior
From 2016- 2019, several City agencies together with the Excelsior Outer Mission community developed the Excelsior Outer Mission Neighborhood Strategy and Streetscape Design Guidelines to shape and improve pedestrian safety, walking experience, and provide a unified vision for near- and long-term streetscape improvements along Mission Street. Through a series of temporary installations, we are testing out ideas for residents and visitors to pause, gather, wait for transit, and enjoy and support local businesses.
In April 2021 we celebrated the first street furniture installation at Mission/Geneva Streets. This installation was a partnership between SF Planning’s Groundplay program, Youth Art Exchange, and the Mayor’s Office of Economic and Workforce Development.
This year, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, Excelsior Action Group, along with local merchants and community, are joining this partnership to bring two additional proposed installations to life with your input. We want to work with you and explore ways to share your voice and ideas in the next street furniture installations.
Ways to get involved:
- Sign up for project updates here!
- Attend a Block Party in the Excelsior:
- July 17: Excelsior Street between Mission St and Paris St, from 11-5pm
- Participate in an upcoming creative workshop, stipends available
- Help plan the unveiling celebration
- Volunteer to care for your new street installation 項目總結 - 中文 Resumen del Proyecto - Español